Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day Two Koh Tao

On our last day on the islands, we took a boat tour around Koh Tao that included snorkeling. This would be my first attempt. Once again, the world was operating on island time so we took off about an hour and a half after we were supposed to get on the boat. Our tour group got on the boat sans Kitti, along with a few other families from around the world. We set of to five different snorkeling locations around the island, most of them were already filled with other people on other tours. I really wish I had an underwater camera for most of. I loved snorkeling, I was just a little disturbed by using their gear since the mouth piece goes inside the mouth. I really hope it was sterilized but I wasn't betting on it. I gave it a good swish around in the salt water anyway. You can't see it in the picture, but at this moment the skin on my back is slowly frying to a deep shade of purple:

After all of our snorkeling stops, we went to an island that was supposed to be known for its natural beauty. What it really was was a tourist death trap. They charged you to get on the island. They charged you to use the bathroom. They charged you to sit in a chair. They even charged one of the girls in our group for a drink and then informed her that she would need to pay again denying that she ever paid in the first place. Angry words were said, managers were called, and it didn't matter. She never got that drink that she paid for. Yikes. There was apparently a wonderful lookout point on the top of a hill on the island but the climb involved things like this -Followed by 1000 stairs. It was my last day and I felt like being lazy. I pretty much felt like being lazy for the entire second half of this trip. I earned it after the first half. I was still recovering from that massage.

It was a beautiful island nonetheless.

That night as a group, we went out to a Mexican restaurant to celebrate our last night as a group in Thailand. Go figure. We love our Thai Mexican food. Afterward we went to an Australian pub to celebrate the pre-pre full moon.

Luckily I headed back a little early (I'm just not much of a drinker), because there was a big storm that night and the rest of the group got soaked as they road back on the back of a truck. Although I think they enjoyed themselves pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment